GDPR(General Data Protection Regulation) 679/2016
Eco Team srl (“the Company”) with registered office in via Nazionale 10/F 70128 Bari Palese-Italy owns and manages Parco dei Principi Hotel Congress & Spa (“the Hotel”) prol. Viale Europa 6 70128 Bari Palese-Italy. The Company owns and manages the website www.parcodeiprincipibari.it, the components for mobile devices and related applications (all referred to as the “Website”).
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data you provide us when you visit our Website or use our services.
- Collection of your personal data
- How we use your personal data
- With whom we share your personal data
- How long we keep your personal data
- Cookies and other web technologies
- Your rights
- How we protect your personal data
- Information concerning minors
- External links
- International transfers
- How you can contact us
1. Collection of your personal data
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, electronic addresses, date of birth, password and payment information. It does not include data where the identity has been removed or otherwise anonymized (anonymous data).
In the course of our business, we collect and process personal data in different ways. We may collect personal data you give us directly but we also collect data by logging how you interact with our services. For example by using cookies on our Websites. We may also receive information from third parties who partner with us, as more fully described below.
The personal data we collect about you may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, postal address, phone number, billing information, survey responses, booking details and other information you may provide about yourself to our Website, and your IP address and web browser software.
You can choose not to provide us with your personal data. However, in general you need to provide us with certain information about you in order to take advantage of many features of the Website. For example, online purchase of hotel and related services, access to newsletters, take part in surveys, extractions and prize competitions. In addition, some information is necessary to allow users to ask questions or initiate other transactions on the Website.
- Information that you provide us: as described below, we may receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way.
- Information about others: you will have the opportunity to provide contact and travel-related information for other people through our Website. If you make a hotel reservation on behalf of third parties, you must necessarily send the personal data of the persons concerned. In this case, it is mandatory to obtain their consent before transmitting the related personal data to the Company.
- Automatic collection of information: We automatically collect some information from your computer or mobile device when you visit the Website. For example, we collect your session data, including your IP address, the navigation software used and the reference site. We may also collect information about your online activity, such as reviewed content, pages visited and searches. We automatically collect this type of information to try to better understand your interests and preferences and to better personalise your experience. We also collect personal data in order to help protect our site and other users from misuse.
2. How we use your personal data
We use the personal data that we collect about you only for specific purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, offer services to manage and facilitate requests for information and reservations, participate in surveys, manage and improve the Website and services, facilitate participation in prize draws, competitions or surveys, manage and protect the Company’s activities and resolve disputes or problems.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- With your consent.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your travel-related interest. We believe these emails will provide you with useful information about hotel special offers available through our Website.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested or if you purchased goods or services from us and if you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
Each time you receive an email of this type, you will be able to tell us if you no longer wish to receive them, or deny push notifications in the application, or change the settings of your mobile device to do so for that type of marketing message or notification. You will be able to unsubscribe from each of those marketing communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link that you will find at the bottom of each communication you receive from us or by visiting the email preference centre on the Website.
Please note that we may continue to send you service communications, such as service and administrative messages about your account or transactional messages related to one of your bookings. It is not possible to unsubscribe from these service communications.
3. With whom we share your personal data
The Company may share your information with other parties, including other group companies and the types of third parties listed below. For instance, if we sell or divest our business or any part of it, and your personal data relates to such sold or divested part of our business, or if we merge with another business, we will share your personal data with the new owner of the business or our merger partner, respectively.
Separately, if we are legally obliged to do so, we will share personal data to protect our customers, the Website, as well as our company and our rights and property.
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal data about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
4. How long we keep your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or statutory reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure or your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
5. Cookies and other web technologies
We collect information via cookies and other similar technologies (such as web beacons). Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are stored by your internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your use of the internet. Your browser sends these cookies back to our Website every time you visit it, so it can recognise your computer or mobile device and personalise and enhance your browsing experience.
You can find more details about what cookies and similar technologies (such as web beacons) we use in our Cookies Policy.
You can also find out more information about cookies in general, including how to see what cookies are installed on your (mobile) device and how to manage and delete them at websites such as www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com/ie.
6. Your rights
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right of access, the right of rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability and the right to object. Please find below more details and information on how and when you can exercise your rights. We will respond to your request within one month, but have the right to extend this period with two months.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete personal data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of your personal data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
- you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- you object to the processing of your personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- your personal data is unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
- the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and request restriction; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
- The right to data portability. You may request us to receive the personal data that concern you. You may also request us to send this personal data to a third party, where feasible. You only have this right if it regards personal data you have provided us, the processing is based on consent or necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, and the processing is done by automated means.
You can exercise several of your rights through the personal information section of your account. To exercise your other rights you can file a request by email to email@example.com.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
7. How we protect your personal data
We want you to feel confident about using the Website, and we are committed to protecting the personal data we collect. While no website can guarantee perfect security, we have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect the personal data you provide us against unauthorised or unlawful access, use of disclosure and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal data, and they may do so for permitted business functions.
8. Information concerning minors
Parcodeiprincipibari.it is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to minors. We do not knowingly collect data relating to minors. If a person whom we know is under 13 years of age sends us personal data, we will delete or destroy this information as soon as reasonably possible.
9. External links
10. International transfers
Whenever we store or transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, we will do so in accordance with applicable law and we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing appropriate safeguards. Transfers of personal data are made:
- to a country recognised by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection; or
- to a country which does not offer adequate protection but whose transfer has been governed by the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission or by implementing other appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection.
11. How you can contact us
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please contact us in the first instance.
Our full details are:
Eco Team srl
Via Nazionale 10/F
70128 Bari Palese – Italy
Attn: mr. Daniele Fraddosio, Privacy Officer